No matter the scale of your company or your industry, if you’re doing digital marketing, SEO and content marketing are almost certainly part of the equation.
How can you make sure you’re hitting the right keywords and improving over time?
Keyword trackers, that’s how.
To know if your SEO strategy is ironclad, you have to find out how your pages rank on SERPs. Keyword trackers help you do that.
You can get valuable insights about your site’s SEO performance by knowing how your rankings have changed over time. When you analyze these data, you will understand the impact of your SEO strategy on search visibility, discover technical SEO issues and know where to focus on to increase organic traffic, conversions and revenue for your site.
What is a Keyword Tracker?
A keyword tracker, also known as a keyword rank tracker, is a tool that lets a user monitor their sites’ rankings for specific keywords in SERPs.
With a keyword tracker, you can see what position your keywords and webpages rank in on SERPs. Rank tracking is usually based on current rankings and historical keyword data, so you can analyze your ranking progress and its effect on organic traffic.
Good rank tracker tools usually have features that run audits on your site(s), diagnose any technical SEO issues, and show you how to fix these issues.
Some keyword trackers let you analyze your backlinks and monitor the sites that are linking to your webpages.
Some keyword trackers let you spy on your competition and see what keywords they rank for. This way, you’ll be able to implement an SEO strategy that will provide you even more favorable results than what your competitors are getting.
Many rank tracker tools are not solely keyword rank trackers. Instead, the keyword tracker tool is a feature inside of a full-featured SEO tool suite. Some of these tool suites include Ahrefs and Semrush.
There are also sole keyword trackers like AccuRanker and ProRankTracker. Then there are sole rank trackers that are suited mainly for enterprises, such as Conductor and Brightedge.
What Features Make a Good Keyword Tracker?
A good rank tracker is necessary if you want to boost your sites’ insights and optimization strategies. The keyword tracker you need should give you trustworthy information that can help you boost your sites’ rankings in SERPs.
The main features the best keyword tracker for you should have are:
- Accurate keyword rank data that is frequently updated
- Availability of historical rank data
- Metrics that estimate how rank changes impact organic traffic
- Ability to track thousands of keywords that are relevant to your industry
- Ability to monitor your competitors
The 10 Best Keyword Trackers in 2023
The best keyword tracker tools featured in this article are:
- SE Ranking
- SEO Monitor
- Google Search Console
- SERPWatcher by Mangools
1. SE Ranking
Source: SE Ranking
Ideal for: Small business owners, SEO pros, and agencies.
Pricing: The Essential plan starts at $39 per month, but with an annual subscription. SE Ranking also offers a free trial period for new users.
Overall G2 Score: 4.8/5
SE Ranking offers the most accurate and comprehensive keyword position tracker on the market. With SE Ranking, users can check keyword rankings in every major search engine, language, location, and device. And with a user-friendly design, campaigns monitoring has become even more comfortable and easy.
SE Ranking has vast keyword tracking capabilities — it tracks rankings on Google, Google Mobile, Bing, Yahoo!, YouTube, Yandex, and Yandex Mobile, and checks all the variables in order to provide users with exceptionally precise data on a daily basis. Additionally, SE Ranking provides supplementary data on keywords. Along with position monitoring, users can find keyword search volume and relative traffic forecast.
SE Ranking also provides data on Google Ads, Maps search results, SERP features (featured snippets, People also ask, sitelinks, videos, etc.), as well as organic rankings. Not to mention — users can access a large database of historical ranking data on selected keywords. You can use the calendar to go back in time and see how the performance of different keywords has changed.
One of the best parts of SE Ranking’s Keyword Rank Tracker is its competitor monitoring capabilities. Users can add up to 20 competitors and get reports to track their rankings and compare the performance of the keywords they track in their own projects. And for those who don’t know their rivals yet, SE Ranking offers a SERP Competitors module that analyzes the first 100 search results for a selected keyword and shows their performance over time.
With this impressive arsenal of tools, SEO specialists can establish impactful and data-driven organic promotion and review performance in real-time.
Key features of SE Ranking Keyword Rank Tracker
- Highly accurate keyword rankings data
- All major search engines and locations
- Historical ranking data
- Ability to group or tag keywords
- Powerful competitive intelligence
- Flexible pricing and free trial period
- A wide array of functionality
- B2B options: White Label, API, and Collaborative use
- Accurate keyword ranking
- Broad functional capabilities
- Flexible and affordable pricing
- Simple and intuitive design
- Great customer support
- Can sometimes be slow to update rankings
- User Interface may be confusing for new users
- Data may be lacking for some locations
- API is available only for the Business plan
Ideal for: SaaS companies, eCommerce, startups and small businesses
Pricing: There is no free version. A free trial is available. The cost depends on the number of keywords and websites you want to track.
Overall G2 Score: 4.7/5
SEOmonitor is primarily a rank checker tool that is used to research keywords and content topics, and provides in-depth data on keyword rankings. This tool also has forecasting capabilities that help users overcome their industry’s challenges and develop better SEO strategies.
SEOmonitor takes the data from Google Search Console and Google Analytics, analyzes it, and gives you a complete breakdown of keywords that provide traffic to a specific website. Metrics like search volume, click-through rate, number of search visits from each keyword, average position, conversion rate and bounce rate. It also splits the organic traffic into branded traffic and non-branded traffic, and allows you to see a list of deleted keywords.
The Topic Explorer feature in SEOmonitor focuses on ‘topics’ rather than individual keywords only. This feature links a variety of keywords to a topic to find semantically-related keywords.
The Visibility Score feature offers a way to assess keywords beyond the normal ‘keyword difficulty’ metric some other tools have. This feature combines search volumes and rankings and makes them more insightful and easier to understand than any other tracking methods.
Key features of SEOmonitor
- Automatic keyword research
- Location and search engine-based track ranking
- Mobile keyword ranking data
- Opportunity indicator
- Integration of site analytics
- Comprehensive site audits
- Visibility score
- Backlink tool
- Competitive comparisons
- Business case builder
Pros of SEOmonitor
- The search engine results update every 24 hours.
- The keyword rank tracking data are always accurate.
- It is easy to smart-group keywords into folders.
- You’ll get keyword cannibalization warnings, which tell you when a search engine has changed your page ranks in SERPs too much.
- You can predict the amount of traffic and PPC costs based on the set of keyword groups you want your pages to rank for.
- You can investigate your competitors’ keywords and find new opportunities.
- You can calculate how much revenue you would make when you implement a specific keyword strategy and reach the top result.
- You can download a screenshot of desktop and mobile SERPs as an html file.
Cons of SEOmonitor
- The user interface can be a bit confusing.
- It has a steep learning curve for new users.
- It can get expensive because of the daily updates.
- It can take a while to pull data. Reports are not always generated every 24 hours.
- There’s a limit to the number of keywords you can track depending on the plan you choose.
Ideal for: SEOs and owners of small to large websites
Pricing: Ahrefs does not offer a free plan or free trial. There’s a 7-day trial for $7 for the Lite and Standard plans. Monthly prices start at $99/month (Lite) and end at $999/month (Agency). If you pay annually, you get a discount and two months free.
Overall G2 Score: 4.6/5
When it was first created in 2011, Ahrefs was a simple backlinks index, but over the years, it has morphed into a full-featured SEO tools suite that covers all functionalities regarding backlinks, site crawling, rank tracking and content analysis.
The company has the largest backlinks indexes and crawled sites, with over 12 trillion historical backlinks and 6 billion crawled web pages each day. The keyword research features cover all the major search engines (including Google, Bing, and Yahoo!), Amazon and YouTube.
Very recently I became a paying user of Ahrefs after trying out basically every keyword research tool on the planet. The feature I find myself using the most is the Ahrefs Keyword Explorer tool. With this keyword research tool, you’ll get an overview page that shows bar charts covering the total search volume, clicks, volume distribution and difficulty of the search queries. There are also tables that break down SERP features, top countries by volume, keyword suggestions and traffic quantity by pages and domains.
The Metrics tab provides users with accurate individual metrics that cover search volume, clicks per search and return rate. Google Keyword Planner shows the positions of URLs in SERPs and the SEO strength of a page. Ahrefs also enhanced its SERP results to include a SERP position history chart that enables a user to track rank changes over time. It also incorporated the new Featured Snippets feature into the results page.
The content exploration facility in Ahrefs is also pretty solid. There you can discover new topics and identify backlink opportunities.
Ahrefs offers one of the best keyword tracker tools, which provides extensive information for any keyword you enter into the tracking setup. The rank tracker uses metrics to show you information for all your projects and tracking campaigns. These metrics include: visibility, positions, average position, distribution, traffic, SERP features, locations, keywords, and competitors.
In fact, many content strategy courses, including Omniscient Digital’s content course, use Ahrefs to illustrate many lessons. It’s that good!
Key features of Ahrefs
- Detailed backlink analysis
- Extensive competitor analysis
- Ad-hoc keyword research
- Continuous SEO monitoring and position tracking
- Comparison of competitive domains
- Multiple filters for data segmentations
- Advanced metrics for tracked keywords
- Extensive data crawling
- Thorough SERP analysis
- Great customer support
Pros of Ahrefs
- Ahrefs is very easy to use.
- It has exceptional wide and site-specific crawling abilities.
- You can get a detailed analysis of your site’s technical SEO (on-page and off-page) with Ahrefs Site Audit tool.
- You can get a complete backlink analysis and SEO metric information with Ahrefs Site Explorer tool.
- You can track keywords based on different devices and locations across 170 countries.
- Ahrefs offers top-notch support with help on every page, comprehensive tutorials and a well-structured FAQ.
Cons of Ahrefs
- There is no free plan or free trial with Ahrefs. It can also get really pricey.
- Ahrefs is not designed for SEO beginners; it is geared towards SEO experts and experienced digital marketers.
- With the Lite and Standard plans, you can only track keywords for up to 5 locations only.
- Mobile ranking is available in the Advanced and Agency plans only.
Ideal for: SEO professionals, consultants, eCommerce businesses, brands and agencies
Pricing: There is no free plan. There’s a free 14-day trial. Monthly plans start at $109/month for up to 1,000 keywords, and $2,149/month for up to 50,000 keywords. If you pay annually, you will get a 10% discount.
Overall G2 Score: 4.6/5
Unlike Ahrefs and Semrush, AccuRanker is solely a keyword rank tracking tool that lets users analyze SERP history to see how rankings have changed over time, and what keywords drive the most traffic to their sites and competitors’ sites.
AccuRanker is popularly touted to be the best keyword tracker, and it is trusted by more than 20,000 agencies, SEOs and brands including HBO and HubSpot. This keyword tracker is fast and reliable and offers a wide array of functionalities that makes it stand above most other keyword trackers on the market.
When I was in search of a good keyword research tool for my site, I came across AccuRanker and tried its 14-day free trial and I was amazed. I observed that AccuRanker lives up to its name. It provides highly accurate and insightful keyword data that helps you monitor your competition and know what to focus on for your SEO campaigns.
I also loved that AccuRanker tracks keyword positions and rankings across ALL the major search engines like Google, Bing, Baidu, YouTube, etc. The keyword rankings provided can be refreshed on demand and are updated every 24 hours. If AccuRanker was an all-in-one SEO tools suite rather than a sole keyword tracker, I would’ve given them all my money the second my trial expired.
Key features of AccuRanker
- Highly accurate keyword rankings data
- Targeted country and ZIP code tracking
- SERP feature analysis
- Integration with third-party tools
- Comprehensive keyword tagging and segmentation
- Detailed keyword ranking data for a wide range of devices
- Track rankings cross all the major search engines
- Automated white-label reporting
- Scheduled keyword ranking alerts
Pros of AccuRanker
- AccuRanker is easy to use and navigate, even for beginners.
- AccuRanker updates your keyword data every 24 hours. If you need to, you can refresh the data on demand.
- You can manage unlimited users and domains in one account.
- You can use the Share of Voice feature to assess market performance and penetration.
- You can check your rank history and compare it to competitors’.
- With AccuRanker’s Aggregated SERP Analysis tool, you can monitor SERP feature movements across all your keywords.
- You can integrate AccuRanker with many services such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Databox, etc.
- AccuRanker can map organic traffic, engagement data, cost, conversion and revenue information to the landing pages on your site.
- You can import bulk historical data from other rank trackers like HubSpot, ProRankTracker, Authority Labs, AWR Cloud, Agency Analytics, SE Ranking, etc.
- AccuRanker can show you where you rank for each keyword and inform you if you make it to Google’s Featured Snippets.
Cons of AccuRanker
- Refreshing the data can be slow at times.
- It is not a full SEO tool suite. It can only track keyword rankings, so you still need to use other SEO tools.
- The cheapest plan has limited features and no access to API.
Ideal for: Medium-sized businesses and enterprises
Pricing: There is no free version. Conductor offers a free trial. There are no fixed paid plans either. They customize packages and prices to suit the needs and varying budgets of each user.
Overall G2 Score: 4.6/5
Conductor is a cloud-based SEO platform designed to help digital marketers and enterprises simplify their workflow and create optimized content through SEO and customer insights. This leads to better search engine visibility, which, in turn, increases traffic, leads and revenue for their businesses.
Conductor utilizes high-functioning organic market technology as well as digital strategies to help businesses discover new customer insights and track their SEO performance. With this platform, businesses can identify their customers and tailor their content to suit their target audience using strong keyword analysis tools. Users can spy on their competitors’ strategies and discover new opportunities by using competitor analysis, keyword visibility analysis and market share.
Through its partnership with SEO Moz, Conductor helps users compare their sites’ organic search insights with similar sites in the industry. This gives the users a distinct edge over other industry players.
With Conductor, a business will gain greater visibility and be able to detect threats from competitors very early.
Key features of Conductor
- Detailed competitor analysis
- Content management and improvement
- SEO strategy and task prioritization
- Mapping and optimization
- Audit management
- Keyword research and rank tracking tools
- Interactive and shareable reports
- Analysis of target audience
- Integration of Google Analytics, Adobe and DeepCrawl
- Forecasting of traffic, leads, and revenue
- Link management
- Management of site and keyword performance
- Localization automation
- Customized email alerts
- Mobile keywords
Pros of Conductor
- There is an extensive amount of data available on the platform.
- You’ll be able to spy on competitors.
- All the tools you need to start and maintain a successful SEO campaign are available.
- The customer support is top-notch and always ready to help.
- The reports are very easy to create. They are automatically generated, detailed, customizable, and can be shared to clients, sales teams, shareholders and management alike.
- You can use the comparison and segmentation tools to break down market data and content groups, and view traffic.
- You can find the loopholes in your content strategy and identify new opportunities by utilizing the mapping and organization features.
- The keyword tracking data is accurate.
Cons of Conductor
- The platform provides a huge amount of data which can be overwhelming for a first-time user. It can also be difficult to find what you’re looking for.
- There is no backlink analysis tool.
- You might need to take tutorials to understand some of the terms and features of Conductor.
- The keyword data is tracked weekly only.
- Without the integration of Google Search API and Adobe Analytics, Conductor will offer limited SEO insights and technical support.
6. Google Search Console
Source: Google Search Console
Ideal for: Small businesses, sites and blogs
Pricing: Google Search Console is a free tool
Overall G2 Score: 4.6/5
Formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console is an SEO tool that helps users measure their website’s performance, search traffic, and technical issues. It also helps improve ranking in Google search engine results.
I often use Google Search Console to assess my beauty blog, and I love it for two major reasons. The first is that it’s completely free (who doesn’t like free things?). The second reason is that it provides very helpful metrics to help you understand your site performance and how to improve your rankings.
Google Search Console is good at diagnosing site indexing and technical SEO issues. You also get invaluable keyword data (new keywords, popular keywords, keywords with high and low CTR, related keywords, etc.). GSC can also show you which sites are linking to yours. I also love that you can link Google Analytics to Google Search Console.
However, I noticed that the rank tracking/position data can be inaccurate at times, especially if your site’s clicks and impressions are low. That’s part of the reason I don’t use Google Search Console as my sole SEO tool (I use Ahrefs as it’s a more competent rank tracking tool). I also use Google Ads as a direct GSC alternative.
Key features of Google Search Console
- Analysis of keywords through search queries
- Access to user interaction
- Submission of pages for indexing
- Integration of Google analytics
- Show the sites that link to yours
- Submission of XML sitemaps
- Diagnosis of site data and technical issues
- Alerts when site issues are diagnosed
Pros of Google Search Console
- It has a neat and clean UX design.
- You can track and monitor your site’s backlinks.
- You will have access to valuable site data like total clicks over a period of time, total impressions, average CTR and position, queries your blog ranks for, and location-based and device-based clicks/visits.
- You can find and fix site issues concerning site crawling, site loading, security, website indexation, mobile usability, and structured data.
- You can find new keywords and queries that have a high click-through rate.
- You can measure and ascertain the performance and effectiveness of your keyword campaigns.
- Google Search Console makes it easier for you to identify and disavow bad links.
- You’ll get detailed insights on search queries to help you find opportunities for clients.
- You can directly submit a sitemap to Google for crawling.
Cons of Google Search Console
- The UI might not be the most intuitive for some users.
- Unless you have a large amount of clicks and impressions, the position ranking data provided might not be accurate.
- The error page might not get updated quickly so the errors that you have previously fixed might keep showing up.
- You cannot submit an HTML sitemap.
- It does not provide site data for any search engines apart from Google
Ideal for: Businesses of any size
Pricing: The Pro and Guru plans offer a free trial that lasts seven days. For the annual billing, plans start at $119.95/month (The Pro plan). The most expensive plan—The Business plan—costs $449.95/month. If you purchase the plans annually, you can save 16% as opposed to purchasing them monthly.
Overall G2 Score: 4.5/5
Semrush is not solely a keyword tracking tool. It is actually an all-in-one tool suite that helps marketers in aspects such as SEO, PPC, keyword research, content marketing, campaign management, competitive research, amongst others.
Created in 2008, Semrush is one of the top SEO software today and it serves a very large number of users—about 6 million users, according to their team.
I tried the free trial of the Pro plan when I was in search of a good keyword research tool that would serve my needs as a blogger. The first thing I noticed was that Semrush provides a shit ton of valuable information. You can use this information to create traffic-attracting content, find link-building opportunities, and make small changes to your site content so that you rank higher in SERP.
With Semrush, you get keyword suggestions that you can use to write posts that will rank well in search results (based on the phrase(s) you enter). You will also be able to see how difficult it would be to rank for certain phrases/keywords. Semrush also suggests websites you can approach to get quality backlinks.
You can also perform an SEO audit on your website with Semrush. You can use the audit to know if there are any technical improvements you can make to your site to help you rank higher in search results. It’s also really easy to perform a domain analysis with Semrush. Just enter a domain URL in the ‘domain overview’ section and you’ll get information on how well that domain is performing in search results.
The Position Tracking Tool in Semrush is the tool that lets you track how your website ranks for target keywords. In addition to Ahrefs, Semrush is also a great content marketing tool.
Key features of Semrush
- Filtering by SERP
- Hyper Targeting by ZIP code
- Competitors’ discovery report
- Device and location-based searches
- Organic traffic insights
- Detailed domain analysis reports
- Extensive SEO audits
- API credits
- Backlink checker
- Backlink audits
- Link builder
- Customized email alerts/notifications
- Great customer support
Pros of Semrush
- This tool provides in-depth information on the performance of a website and how to improve its chances of ranking higher in search results.
- You can track ranking data for any competitor over time. With higher plans, you can even import historical rank tracking data from other SEO tools.
- With Semrush, you can track a competitor’s ranking and compare it side-by-side with yours. You can add up to ten competitor domains in your tracking campaigns.
- In your Semrush tracking campaign, you’ll be able to view and compare your rank positions of different devices.
- You can conduct a location-based search to know the local competitors ranking in Google’s first ten pages for any keyword.
- With Semrush, you’ll get detailed information in your SEO audits and domain analysis.
- You’ll get email notifications of any ranking changes every week.
- You get three channels of customer support: phone, email and live chat support.
Cons of Semrush
- Semrush has a steep learning curve so if you’re new to SEO and SEM, you might need tutorials to be able to understand all the metrics and information provided.
- Compared to competitors, Semrush’s pricing is expensive.
- The data provided on Semrush is applicable only to Google searches. There is no data provided for other search engines like Bing and Yahoo.
- There is no information about the number of backlinks you’ll need to rank for a particular keyword.
- You get access to API credits on the Business plan only.
- The highest plan (Business) allows only one user account. If you want more than one person to have access to Semrush, you’ll need to pay extra money per user, depending on the plan you’re on.
8. SERPWatcher by Mangools
Ideal for: New SEOs, bloggers and affiliates
Pricing: There is no free plan. There’s a 10-day free trial. Monthly plans start at $49/month, with the highest-priced plan being $129/month. If you purchase the plans annually, you’ll get a 40% discount.
Overall G2 Score: 4.5/5
Created by Slovakian IT company, Mangools, SERPWatcher is a simple and straightforward rank tracker that allows users to see where they rank for specific keywords as they fluctuate or stabilize in search engine ranking results. SERPWatcher aims to make keyword tracking effective and easy to use with its beginner-friendly UI and email alerts to help you monitor your SERP data as it changes.
The SERPWatcher dashboard shows you all the important data you need including a list of keywords you’re tracking, the keyword ranking positions, estimated search volume for each keyword, amongst others. You also get a report that contains the dominance index for each domain you track.
Unlike other keyword tracking tools, Mangools does not cram too many features into SERPWatcher. In fact, SERPWatcher is just for keyword rank tracking alone. Mangools made other features such as backlink monitoring, keyword research and site audit into separate tools, which is great for SEO beginners as it makes them less likely to be overwhelmed by too many functionalities.
The great thing about this approach is that you don’t have to subscribe to each tool separately. Once you subscribe to any SERPWatcher plan, you’ll have access to all the apps. These apps include:
- KWFinder, which allows you to search a specific keyword or domain and gives you detailed information about related keywords.
- SERPChecker, which allows you to monitor your competitors and see what keywords they are ranking for.
- LinkMiner, a backlink analysis tool that shows you a comprehensive list of all the site domains that are linking to yours.
- SiteProfiler, which provides you with a quick overview of your site’s SEO performance.
Key features of SERPWatcher
- Track SERP results for unlimited domains
- Device and location-based data tracking
- Data segmentation between mobile and desktop search platforms
- Importation of pre-existing lists
- Dominance index to track overall progress of SEO campaign
- Daily ranking data updates
- Scheduled and event-based email alerts
Pros of SERPWatcher
- The relevant data is easily accessible on the dashboard.
- You can enter keywords manually and add your own keywords.
- You can import keywords from KWFinder lists.
- You can easily share the interactive reports with others digitally.
- You can get an overview of your keyword’s ranking positions as they fluctuate.
- You can retain keyword rank data for up to one year.
Cons of SERPWatcher
- Some of the data provided are not 100% accurate all the time.
- SERPWatcher tracks keyword data for Google only. It does not do the same for other major search engines.
- The data provided might be subpar in the eyes of SEO experts.
- Though the SiteProfiler tool is similar to a site audit tool, it offers very limited information. It only assesses your top content based on two metrics only: social media (Facebook) and referring domains. It does not identify any SEO issues your site might have.
Ideal for: Startups, small companies, Software as a Service companies (SaaS), content creators and brands
Pricing: ProRankTracker offers a free plan. Paid plans start at $13.50/month (the Starter plan). The most expensive plan (the Agency plan) starts at $180/month.
Overall G2 Score: 4.3/5
ProRankTracker is a popular search ranking analytic tool suite that was designed to help SMEs and large businesses analyze their sites’ SEO data, identify trends and generate extensive reports that can help their SEO professionals identify which keywords are performing well and which ones aren’t. They are used by over 60,000 companies and organizations worldwide.
ProRankTracker features a top-notch ranking algorithm that provides users with accurate, updated results on their keyword and website ranking, complete with daily updates on their sites’ performance is search engine rankings.
The user interface was designed to allow users to quickly and effortlessly access all their software functions. The customizable groups, filters and tags can be used to change the break-down of data in graphs and charts. You can also arrange your results based on the search term, platform, language, and overall rank.
With ProRankTracker, you have an edge over your competition because you’ll gain access to recent, comprehensible SEO ranking data that can help you maximize profits and scale your business massively and rapidly. With a few clicks, you can peruse data and rearrange it to show SEO trends and highlight potential SEO issues.
ProRankTracker can also be configured to get organic search data from major search engines like Google and Bing. It extracts data based on local and international traffic, depending on where your customers are located. It also offers multilingual support in 11 languages.
Key features of ProRankTracker
- Accurate keyword and site ranking data
- Customized and comprehensive SEO and ranking reports
- Precise site audit tool
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Accurate YouTube video
- Location- and device-based keyword tracking
- 100% white label reporting
- Availability of PDF, XLSX and CSV file formats
- MyRank mobile app
- Multi-search engine tracking
- Competent customer support and FAQs page
Pros of ProRankTracker
- The UI is clean and offers great data visualization.
- The keyword rank tracking data are very accurate and updated daily.
- You can view the top 10, 50 and/or 100 SERPs for your target search terms.
- ProRankTracker tracks keyword data across a very extensive number of search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL and Yandex.
- The customer support is great. Enterprise members are offered a personal account manager.
- You can view your sites’ data extensively through a site audit.
- API is available.
- ProRankTracker is a cloud-based service, so you can monitor your sites’ rankings on the go with any device that has a good internet connection.
Cons of ProRankTracker
- The login process can get slow even on devices with fast internet connection.
- It is not a complete SEO package, so you need other SEO tools in your kit.
- Apart from rank tracking, ProRankTracker does not really offer much.
- The process of adding new keywords can be laborious.
- The default view does not include ranking by device.
Ideal for: Businesses of any size, especially enterprises
Pricing: There is no free version. A free trial is available. SEO pricing is customized according to the needs and budgets of their customers
Overall G2 Score: 4.2/5
Brightedge is a platform that helps businesses optimize their online content to attract traffic, conversions and revenue. This platform stands above its competitors because of its ability to measure content engagement across all digital channels all over the web in real time.
Although Brightedge is most suited for enterprises, anyone who’s into digital marketing will love the platform. SEO managers can use it to track keyword ranks and find new optimization strategies. Online marketers can use it to build successful sites and brand awareness. Content marketers can use Brightedge to inform their content strategy and create optimized content for their target audience. Anyone running an internet-based business can use this platform to compare their marketing performance against their competitors.
Through comprehensive reports, Brightedge enables marketers to discover new digital opportunities and understand audience/customer intent in detail. Brightedge is trusted by various global brands, 64 out of the Fortune 100, and 9 out of 10 top digital agencies in the world.
Brightedge isn’t just one single tool; it’s a tool suite. The kind of business you run will determine which tool(s) you’ll find valuable. Some of these tools include:
- ContentIQ, which is a site auditing tool that provides an advanced site audit solution for large websites. This tool diagnoses site errors and shows users how to fix those errors in order to increase traffic, conversions and revenue.
- Data Cube, which is a keyword research tool that helps users find the right keywords that will drive organic traffic to your site. This tool helps users identify content marketing opportunities by showing them the keywords their sites are ranking for and related topics/keywords.
- HyperLocal, which shows users search volumes, local search data and ranking data for their keywords in up to 72,000 cities worldwide. It also shows users how often their local listings show up in SERPs and a side-by-side comparison of their site data against local competitors.
- Intent Signal, which helps users rank their content above the fold in search results. This tool also suggests content topics that are likely to rank high on SERPs. When one of your pages drops below the fold, Intent Signal will notify you so that you can make changes to get the best rank possible.
Other Key Features of Brightedge
- Keyword and PPC discovery
- Tracking of backlinks
- Management of tasks and workflows
- Share of Voice report
- Forecasting of marketing opportunities
- Content topic recommendations
- Detailed keyword, page and site reports
- Insights on digital marketing strategies
- SEO recommendations and performance analysis
- Collaboration support
Pros of Brightedge
- Brightedge boasts a thoroughly impressive SEO toolset.
- There are automated warnings that notify you when your rank drops below the fold.
- You can use Brightedge on a mobile device. However, Brightedge is best viewed on a desktop computer, especially when you’re studying graphs.
- Brightedge gives you the ability to predict how much revenue you can make if you make certain SEO modifications.
- Brightedge provides a dedicated specialist who will help you understand how to maximize your use of each Brightedge tool.
- There are many instructional videos/tutorials that will help you understand all the Brightedge features.
- Brightedge helps content marketers come up with new ideas for content, especially blog posts.
Cons of Brightedge
- It will take some time for a first-time user to master all the different Brightedge features.
- Brightedge is a pretty expensive tool suite.
- Sometimes, Brightedge takes too long to load.
- The number of keywords you can track are limited. If you want to track more, you’ll have to pay extra cash.
- You cannot filter out subdomains that your team doesn’t need.
- You have to contact the support team before you can make certain edits to the system.
No keyword tracker is the absolute best keyword tracker for every business or site. The keyword tracker you choose should depend on your business needs and your budget.
If you’re a beginner or operate on a tight budget, you should take advantage of a free tool like Google Search Console. You could also try tools that offer a free trial like SE Ranking, ProRankTracker or SERPWatcher.
If you run a small business or personal website/blog, you can use tools like Semrush or Ahrefs that you can adapt to your specific needs.
If you run an agency and need white label reporting, you can choose ProRankTracker or AccuRanker.
If you run an enterprise, Conductor and Brightedge are your best bets. Brightedge is also great for content marketers who want to optimize their content.
If you are a blogger or digital marketer and you need an all-in-one SEO tool suite that also has a keyword rank tracking feature, consider using SERPWatcher, Semrush, SEOmonitor or Ahrefs.
Remember that your choice depends on the tools that you want and the cash you’re willing to invest.